Thursday 4 August 2011

Style Hunting...

Darn it!  I didn't make it onto the Grazia website's Style Hunter page...  I guess finger-crossing didn't help.  Oh well, it was amusing to be snapped by their roaming photographers nonetheless.  And overall I think those girls that did make it onto the website looked pretty spiffing - I especially love Sophie's dress.  Though I have to confess that I don't get the 70s thing at all...  But I do think it's nice that the judges seem to have gone for a mix of styles and periods.

Anyway, I did snap some pictures of my own for an outfit post, but they're hidden away inside my handy disposable camera at the moment (no, I've not got a proper replacement for my Pimms-drowned camera yet).  In the meantime, here's one my friend took on her iphone...


I'm looking rather pleased because I'd just bought the glasses at this point, which happened to go perfectly with my outfit.  They're a bit mad, and perhaps not to everyone's taste (including The Cat's) but I just thought they were wonderfully quirky.  And really, can you blame me for not being able to resist when they complemented my '50s-style dress so well, both in colour and era??  I wonder if I would have gotten plus or minus points if I'd had them on at the time Grazia snapped me...?

I won't tell you about my other purchases just now as I'd rather wait until I can show you pictures of them.  In that case, perhaps I should stop blogging and get onto buying a new camera!

But I will just say that an excellent time was had last weekend down at Southbank for the Vintage Festival.  I had been intending to go to the ticketed event before discovering that there was a whole lot of free stuff going on by the river-front.  A skint friend talked me out of paying for a pass to Royal Festival Hall, and a group of us just browsed the "Vintage High Street" instead.  There was a good range of items and prices, and we had a lovely day browsing (with occasional purchases), people-watching, and finishing up with cream tea in the pretty refreshments tent.  The definite advantage of not paying £60 for a ticket meant that there was more money to go towards taking home permanent goodies, rather than mere fleeting entertainments!  But as I said, more on those "permanent goodies" at some later date...

8 comments:

  1. You look fabulous! Love everything about the outfit, especially the hat. Looking forward to seeing your purchases x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time reading and commenting on your blog and I must say that I love it and I'm also loving your outfit!
    Have a great weekend,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Hannah and Ofelia.

    Hannah - I love my hat. It's fabulous AND functional. I don't like having to wear sunscreen but I don't like to catch too much sun - the hat does a really good job at covering me up.

    Ofelia - Welcome! And I hope you continue to read and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that outfit, especially the dress. it's such a vibrant color combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. PuppyLove - Thanks! And I love my vibrant colours. This day, I ended up buying entirely blue items (oh, and one white) - it was kind of a coincidence, but don't you also find that when you're shopping, you sub-consciously look at items that go with your outfit at the time? I know I do!

    Anyway, nice to have you here reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ciao Miss Marie, Hi there in London
    Your Blog is Great and your Look is very English with the Beautiful Hat. . .Cheers !
    Ciao dall'Italia
    Greetings from Italy
    Aurè
    Italian Art, Fashion, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you look stunning in your outfit! I am super jealous of that A-mazing dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your lovely comments, people! I really hope my outfit photos worked on my disposable camera so you can see the full effect, but I'm not keeping my hopes up as they were indoors in the evening when I got home...

    ReplyDelete